Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to make scented fragrance home oils?

I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE THE OILS AT HOME. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH,AND I WISH I COULD MAKE THEM ON MY OWN INSTEAD OF BUYING THEMHow to make scented fragrance home oils?
You can. All you need is some oil and whatever you want it to smell like. I'd reccomend an oil that dosen't have a natural odor and isn't a cooking oil. This is what you do- take whatever you want the oil to smell like (if you want oranges, use orange peels. If you want cinnamon, use cinnamon sticks, ect.) Heat up the oil on the stove until its hot, but not boiling (pouring boiling oil over things will just cook them, and it will smell horrible). Put your materials (cinnamon sticks, ect), in a glass jar with a lid. Pour the oil over it, seal, and let sit for a few weeks in a dark place. Strain, and voila- you have scented oil.





That method also works if you want flavored oil or vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment