Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is there such thing as a gentle cleaner and cream that has no alcohol, fragrance and oils?

And that is not over the counter but commercial? Used for rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis skin? Dove soap for sensitive works wonders but I need something else too please. Just to let you know I have tried Cetaphil cleanser and cream I broke out. I also tried Eucerin and broke out. Is it because I am using way too much?? And if it still does leave my skin VERY red and splotchy is that healthy because isn't it extracting the rosacea from my skin?? Thanks!! =)Is there such thing as a gentle cleaner and cream that has no alcohol, fragrance and oils?
Aveeno is a very good option. It sounds like you need some additional prescription treatments, since you did not mention that you were taking anything, to treat your rosacea. There are now some very effective options: Plexion cleanser is very good, as are the topical treatments Finacea and Nicomide-T. You may be using too much moisturizer if it's making you break out, but not all skin really needs moisturizer, especially if your skin is oily.





You can try Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser -- it does not contain alcohol or oil, but it does contain a small amount of fragrance (essentially just enough for masking the smell of the other ingredients) -- you can tell how much of something is in a product by the order in which it's listed on the ingredient label. You can also try Basis Sensitive Skin Bar; it does contain almond oil and a trace amount of lanolin alcohol, but it is designed for sensitive skin, and is very well reviewed on drugstore.com by users. If you skin is oily, choose the Neutorgena; if your skin is dry/normal, choose, the Basis Sensitive Skin Bar.Is there such thing as a gentle cleaner and cream that has no alcohol, fragrance and oils?
I also have a very sensitive skin. I only wash with Aqueous cream ( hypo allergenic and fragrance free)





And I only use Bio Oil on my face and neck area. At first I didn't think that it was working well, but I really saw a difference in two weeks time.





Oh, and please drink lots of water.
All lotions and creams (even natural ones) will have alcohol in it. Its because w/o it the cream would never completely rub in. You need a little alcohol to evaporate the wetness on your skin. I would try a vitamin e cream. Sold at most health food stores. Also try taking vitamin e is does wonders for your skin. Also I would use a natural soap. Dove sensitive is not gentle enough for my dry skin and cause my eggsama to break out. Try a natural oatmeal, glycerin, or olive oil soap. also found at health food stores.
Aveeno is good for sensitive skin and makes cremes for extra dry or itchy skin

No comments:

Post a Comment