Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it safe to put fragrances such as scented oils, into a humidifier to get the scent into the room?

Probably, but I would not personally do that - I am into organic and natural things, I have a fear of chemical things!!!! I do personally use essential oils that have not had chemicals added, and that way I know I am not breathing anything harmful. You can get essential oils in almost every fragrance, orange, tuberose, sandalwood, pine, eucalyptus, lavender, too many to list, and they would all be safe to inhale as much as you want. I have severe allergies and a little asthma, so I have to stay away from the man-made stuff.Is it safe to put fragrances such as scented oils, into a humidifier to get the scent into the room?
Unless recommended by the manufacturer of the humidifier it's probably not a good idea. Some oils can cause problems with the functions of the humidifier and also clog the holes that release the steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment