Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I use any fragrance oils to scent mineral oil?

I really don't like the smell of baby oil and would like to scent some plain mineral oil. What scents are best? Perfume, fragrance?





(Don't bother telling me mineral oil is bad and causes cancer or any other ';green'; nonsense. I've been using mineral and vaseline my entire 46 years. I have strangers tell me my skin is amazing and I look in my 30's) Can I use any fragrance oils to scent mineral oil?
Try:


lavender oil, ylang ylang, geranium, euchalyptus, and/ or chamomile essential oils. It all comes to personal preference to which ones you like. Also, different oils have different properties - some can even be soothing, some can be antiseptic, some may even help dry (or oily) skin.





Also note that some people may have allergic reactions to some oils; I recommend looking at my source website for more information.








I hope this helps!


[=Can I use any fragrance oils to scent mineral oil?
You obviously already know how bad mineral oil is because you mentioned it but for others who read this here is an education. You can read this information on the Material Safety Data Sheet for this substance.





Mineral oil or liquid petrolatum is a by-product in the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline.





It coats the skin like plastic, clogging the pores. Interferes with skin's ability to eliminate toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. Slows down skin function and cell development, resulting in premature aging. Used in many products (baby oil is 100% mineral oil!) Any mineral oil derivative can be contaminated with cancer causing PAH's (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons). Manufacturers use petrolatum because it is unbelievably cheap.





* Mineral oil


* Liquidum paraffinum (also known as posh mineral oil!)


* Paraffin oil


* Paraffin wax


* Petrolatum
I have been using oils to scent all kinds of oils for years, I even mix scented oils for my own scents that no one else can duplicate.





To answer your question, of course you can. People have been doing that for ages.





I cant imagine why you used this forum to ask that question, anyone that has used mineral oil on their skin for years, it would seem to me, would automatically experiment.





FOXX






try shopard





or secret petal

No comments:

Post a Comment