Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What type of fragrance oils are safe for candles?

I am new to candlemaking and want to purchase some fragrance oils for differing scents. Which ones are safe? Why? Please don't tell me about all the websites out there I can buy them from. There are places here locally that sell cheap. I just want to understand so I know what to look for when I'm out shopping.


Thanks in Advance!What type of fragrance oils are safe for candles?
If you are shopping locally (like at craft stores), read the labels on the bottles as guide. Some oils are only appropriate for certain waxes, so it depends on what kind of candles you are making. The labels usually have information like ';skin safe, paraffin safe, NOT gel safe'; etc. Certain oils bind with certain waxes - so some people have great success with essential oils while others don't. I guess that means I can't give you a complete answer because I don't know what type of candles you are making, but hopefully that helps some. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment