Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I use essential oils for fragrance and/or vapor healing?

I just ordered orange, lavendar, peppermint and tea tree oil.


I do not want to take them internally. I am looking for ideas for baths, adding them to things, how do I vaporize them, how do I use them as scents, how do i use them for cleaning and laundry?How do I use essential oils for fragrance and/or vapor healing?
You can add a few drops of essential oils to your bath. Start with 3-5, you can add more. Adding base oil or milk as well is helpful.


You should not 'burn' eo's. Heating them to encourage their dispersion is okay. You can use an inexpensive duftlamp that uses a candle or small light bulb under a dish of water and eo's or a diffusor that uses air flow to disperse the eo's.


I do not suggest that you use essential oils in the laundry. Everyone seems to think that is a great idea, but the truth is that it is a waste of eo's. The detergent removes them from the fabric and you would need to use such a large amount, the cost is prohibitive.


Adding eo's to cleanser is a fine idea. I just make soapy water and add citrus oils or something that is aging that I would not use therapeutically.


You can add eo's to body lotion or oil. Somewhere between 3 and 15% eo's to base material.


You can visit www.eoils.net for ideas as well.


Please read about the contraindications of each eo and educate yourself before application.How do I use essential oils for fragrance and/or vapor healing?
You can add them to your bath as it is running. Otherwise try and get your hands on a scent burner. You need to get the tiny candles to go with it. You put the oils with water, about two or three drops of oil and about a dessertspoon of water in the top tray and the candle underneath it. It is lovely to scent a room this way. As for your laundry, I'm not sure you should put essential oils - you might stain something. You can however, wipe your countertops and door frames with it

No comments:

Post a Comment