Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I freshen up my home with fragrance oils without using them in candles?

I have oils for making candles but dont have time today, and I have company coming over and want it to smell nice in here. thanksHow can I freshen up my home with fragrance oils without using them in candles?
Put a drop or two on a lightbulb and turn on the lamp for 10 minutes or so in each room you want to smell fresh.How can I freshen up my home with fragrance oils without using them in candles?
Use oil or tart warmers- they sell them absolutely everywhere now! Or if you have a candle warmer you can put some of the oil in a heat tolerant bowl or on a plate and put that on the candle warmer. Coffee cup would be good for this, too! Oh, just thought of this! Dilute the oil in some water and put it on the stove on low heat and a pot! My grandmother did this all the time!
I use Japanese Shinto incense. They're not at all like the new age incense sold in Whole Foods or other big name stores.


Also, it's nice to simmer grapefruit and orange peels with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice to make your kitchen and surrounding rooms smell fresh and homey.
I'd say, wipe some on your light bulbs, but you said they're coming during the day. I have a real small, electric fondue pot that came along with a crock pot I bought. I have no use for it other than burning my scented oils in it! Just be sure not to let the level get too low, or it'll scorch. I actually set a timer to remind me to either add more oil or unplug it altogether.
  • tiny myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment