Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why when I add some kind of fragrance oils to paraffin wax it doesnt solve in it and others darken the wax?

Hello....I want to make fragranced candle....I use fragrance oils used in soaps and potpouries....some of them don't solve in wax either higher centigerade degrees or lower degrees of wax and some others solve but change the transparent color of my wax.......please help me with this question..TNXWhy when I add some kind of fragrance oils to paraffin wax it doesnt solve in it and others darken the wax?
the oils that darken your wax have either a very low boiling point, or a strong pigment. it is probably better to scent the wicks strongly, and then make your candle as you would normally...Why when I add some kind of fragrance oils to paraffin wax it doesnt solve in it and others darken the wax?
u can't use the same oil for soap and potpori that u do for candles. i can't remember y, but i know it's true, i used to work at Michaels (the craft store). call ur local craft store with ur question and they can answer it for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment