Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I sell incense, candles, fragrance oil & the like. I've always been interested...?

in having my own store but have limeted funds, and am scared of the current economy. Does starting out at the local flea market sound like a good idea? We have one that's just open on the weekends which would allow me to keep my ';day job';. I sell incense, candles, fragrance oil %26amp; the like. I've always been interested...?
Excellent idea and Saturday markets in the summer.


You might develop a website to sell online or have a printed catalog to hand out to customers that might reorder.I sell incense, candles, fragrance oil %26amp; the like. I've always been interested...?
Starting out at the flea market sounds like a pretty good idea-- as long as you're O.K. with selling your products for a low price, at least at first. People going to flea markets are looking for bargains-- don't forget that.





Personally, I think you should test the waters with Ebay. Things like that are so expensive in the stores that a lot of people look for them on Ebay.





Plus, Ebay is completely safe and has very small fees to sell. I'd check it out, if you haven't already. Also, do a search for the products you're looking to sell and see if other people are having success with them.





Good luck!
Yes - local markets are a good strategy, but you'll have to be willing to commit your free time.





You could use a double edge strategy, start working on your own e-business website, and then advertise the site when you go tp weekend markets. This way you'd be advertising the online business, while also making money offline.





Look at the ';e-Business'; page on the following site, for a great way to develop your own website. It has specific links for local businesses and the web as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment