Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I use home fragrance oils in homemade candles?

I am wondering if I can use the fragrance oils a place like Bath and Body Works sells (for use on light bulbs and oil warmers) to scent my own candles.Can I use home fragrance oils in homemade candles?
No. You have to make sure that the scents you use are made for candles. By using a scent that isn't intended for wax,you could be creating a dangerous situation. By making a candle using scents that aren't intended for making candles,the candle could flare up out of control and cause a fire. if you're looking for scents similar to Bath and Body,or other designer scents like Victoria's Secret,I would highly recommend checking out www.rusticescentuals.com


I've been buying my scents from Amy for years. They are high quality scents,and I've never been disappointed with a single one. Rustic Escentuals even sells a one ounce bottle so you can sample their scents or if you don't need a larger bottle. They ship very fast. Check it out. I think you would be glad you did.Can I use home fragrance oils in homemade candles?
I am a candle maker and I really am not familiar with their oils to say whether you could or not. But the cost to do so would be to high. I buy all of my scents from www.cajuncandles.com and I can guarantee you won't be disappointed in their oils. I also sell the oils to be used in lamp rings or oil lamps and it doesn't take much only a few drops. So to say you couldn't use them I really don't know but I wouldn't not knowing what type of oils they are.
Fragrance oils are not strong enough to use in candles. Also, if there is any water in the mixture, it will sputter and cause the candle wax to spatter.


Better to use dyes and fragrances specifically formulated for candle making.

No comments:

Post a Comment