Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's the best way of using fragrance oils to keep your house smelling great?

I just recently bought a simmering pot for fragrance oils and even though I'm getting great results from most of them, there are some that are too powerful and make my eyes and throat itch. I was wondering if I should be mixing these oils with some base oil or water or if there is an ideal way of preventing this from happening.What's the best way of using fragrance oils to keep your house smelling great?
I have a little holder that burns fragrant oil in the top when a tea light is lit under it. It is very strong, so I only use it once in a while and extinguish the candle when it gets too strong. I prefer burning incense, because it smells wonderful, the smell doesn't really linger, and it's never overpowering unless it's right in your face. Oh, I did mix fragrant oil with olive oil once. It did make it less potent.What's the best way of using fragrance oils to keep your house smelling great?
I use a candle warmer,which is an electrical base where you can sit jarred candles on. The smell is never over powering because I get soft scented candles. It only cost me 5.00 at Wal-Mart. Your candles last a long time. I think it is very economical. I never worry about it tipping over or getting over heated.
You can buy a metal light ring at Wal-mart in the craft area it goes on the top of a light bulb. Just add a small amount to the ring and turn the light on as long as you have oil in the ring you will have a great smell..

No comments:

Post a Comment