Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I add fragrance oil in my oil paint?

i want it to have scent.. i was adviced not to put perfume, but fragrance oil?..can I?...or essential oil?..





please help me..thanks..Can I add fragrance oil in my oil paint?
Sure.


Oil and Oil go together.





It won't mess up the paint.





Although I don't know why you want your paintings to have a smell and peoples noses sniffing it.Can I add fragrance oil in my oil paint?
Please listen to ogog.ogog. You cannot put just any oil into your paint and expect it to perform the same. It has to be a drying oil, like linseed.





We already know how linseed oil in paint withstands the test of time (500 years and counting). What do you know about the properties of your fragrance oils? Anything at all? If you don't even know what they're made of, don't add them.
no, but why would u want scent? mixing a non drying oilwith your oil paint can make it dry to a tacky surface or never dry at all! just accept the fragance of oil paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment