Friday, December 18, 2009

How do i remove oil from a home fragrance plug-in from my hands?

Oil from a ';Scentport'; spilled on my counter over night, and i cleaned it up with a paper towel not knowing what it was. Now I can't get the smell off my hands, the intensity of it is making me nauseous and giving me a severe headache.How do i remove oil from a home fragrance plug-in from my hands?
Eww, I've done that, too. I know exactly what you mean. I sprinkle some salt in my hand and mix it with liquid hand soap and scrub my hands (carefully). For some reason, the salt tames down the smell, and leaves your hands feeling oh so soft! It doesn't get rid of the smell entirely, but it will help. In my experience, it only lasted a few hours and several hand washes. Good luck!How do i remove oil from a home fragrance plug-in from my hands?
Don't worry about it much just get some fresh air and the smell will go away in less than a day or two. The skin on your hands should be fine and your natural shedding of skin will dissipate the smell in due time.
Try nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and/or Goo Gone. One of those should work. Then scrub your hands with a nail brush.
make a paste of kosher salt %26amp; lemon juice. Scrub hard and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse and squeeze lemon on it again.
have you tried 'Dawn' dish soap?


If not, I would try that.


  • tiny myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment