Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lamp ring fragrance oil diffuser?

Anyone use this method and if so, do you find that the ring falls off at the slightest movement spilling oil everywhere? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your input!Lamp ring fragrance oil diffuser?
Nope, I thought they were such a great idea, so I bought them for all of the lamps in my bedroom, livingroom and family room. You aren't doing anything wrong, I had exactly the same thing happen. At first, I couldn't figure out where all of the oil was coming from. But, then I realized every time my housekeeper came and dusted the tables those lamps were situated on, the oil went everywhere.





You can get these felt and terra cotta diffusers which work sort of the same way without the mess. You soak them in the oil for awhile, blot on newspaper or paper towel to remove the drips, place it on the lightbulb and every time you turn on the light you smell the scent. I prefer the felt ones because I have two rambuncuous doggies and a vigorous housekeeper and have had the terra cotta ones fall and break. I've found the felt ones at the home improvement stores and the bed/bath stores (Linen N Things, Bed Bath %26amp; Beyond).Lamp ring fragrance oil diffuser?
You only need a few drops of oil... that way even if it falls off you won't have a spill. Try using a different shaped lightbulb. Sometimes that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment