Friday, December 18, 2009

All Essential Oils or Fragrance and Essential Oil mix in soaps?

I'm making homemade soaps as a part of th crafts stand for the summer farmer's market in my area. Would most people find all essential oils (though the scents are limited) more appealing than using essential oils for properties and fragrance oils for well fragrance where there are more options like fruits etc? Since my soap ingredients are mostly organic and all natural (except the lye and that stuff anyways) would it be a bad thing to use fragrances?All Essential Oils or Fragrance and Essential Oil mix in soaps?
The information is out there, we should avoid synthetics.





Synthetics persist in the environment and are known to have many health repercussions from disruption of the endocrine system to cancer causing.





My opinion...if you are offering a high quality product, ie organic or 'natural' ingredients, why add synthetic fragrance?All Essential Oils or Fragrance and Essential Oil mix in soaps?
I agree it depends on your area and customers. I sell at craft fairs in the fall and use fragrance oils as i can not get eo's at reasonable prices to warrant using them, my cost to purchase eo's would make it so i would have to price my soaps so much higher that no-one would purchase them, no-one here would pay $6.00 a bar no matter how organic it claimed to be. I purchase my fo's athttp://www.candlesupply.com/- they have skin safe fo's and cp chart letting you know how they stood up in cp soapmaking.
It really depends on your customers and what the people in the area like better. Some folks will only use essential oils and hate fragrance oils. Some don't care as long as it smells good and is not allergic. In general I don't think any FO's are bad.





Would it be too difficult to make two batches? One EO and one FO to make everyone happy? As an example, like a lemon EO and a lemon FO.
I'd definately go for essential oils. Especially if you're promoting the soaps as ';all natural'; or ';organic.'; Many people have allergies to fragrances. Not so with 100% pure essential oils.





Hope that helps.





By the way, there's a good essential oils resource online - a free course





http://www.healingvibes.com/oils/index.h鈥?/a>
  • tiny myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment