Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can I use vanilla extract for fragrance oil?

I'm doing some candle making, could I use vanilla extract (the kind used in baking) for fragrance oil? Would this not work because it's water based? I'm running out of options, the craft store is out of fragrance oils, and Christmas is coming. Any ideas let me know!Can I use vanilla extract for fragrance oil?
Vanilla extract may not work with the candle wax and may discolor it. Since your craft store is out of oils, check walmart or target or whatever big box store you have nearby, Or you can go to your local natural foods store. They will definitely have a variety of essential oils at every good ';health food'; store! This should work nicely for candles.Can I use vanilla extract for fragrance oil?
Vanilla extract is basically flavored alcohol. There is little oil content in it. So no, you can't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment